- Meeting Dates
- Announcements and Events
- Meeting Minutes
- CDA Mission & Bylaws
- Contact Us
- Hawkeye Access Pride - Recoginition Program
Meeting Notes - May 21, 2009
Present: Carly Armour, David Fitzgerald, Regina Galang, Peter Gerhard, Shams Ghoneim, Scott Gill, Jan Gorman, Mark Harris, Amy Kearns-Larsen, John Mikelson, Keith Ruff.
- Meeting Location: The meeting location was discussed and pros and cons of the current space were weighed against alternatives generated by the group. The group decided to maintain the current location for the meeting as it maximizes a central location, access to parking, and access to food. The concern about accessible restrooms in the area was noted.
- Writing Contest: The group revisited the idea of sponsoring a writing contest and agreed to move ahead with this for the next academic year. Several timelines were discussed and the group decided to aim for announcing the contest as part of Disability Awareness Month in October and having the winner announced as part of MLK week in January. The group is also considering a “kickoff” event for the contest in October that might consist of readings of disability related literature.
- Next CDA meeting. The group decided to meet in June during the usual third Thursday time frame to make sure we finalize more of the writing contest information. Amy will do some research regarding publicity and Jan will find the framework used for the previous Art contest. Peter and John will do preliminary work on a draft regarding the scope of the competition and Shams offered editing support as needed.
- Website: David and Carly updated the group regarding the CDA website and Carly agreed to serve as web master. Carly is soliciting opinions about what main content areas to include. The group authorized spending up to $300 for software that might be needed to maintain the website. The current logo will be maintained.
- Outreach: The group discussed continued outreach to the community to encourage increased attendance to CDA. Contacts continue with NAMI and CDD. Bill and Scott outlined an event in July at the Newman Center where CDA may have a presence.