- Meeting Dates
- Announcements and Events
- Meeting Minutes
- CDA Mission & Bylaws
- Contact Us
- Hawkeye Access Pride - Recoginition Program
Meeting Notes - June 25, 2009
Present: Katherine Betts, David Fitzgerald, Peter Gerhard, Scott Gill, Mark Harris, John Mikelson, Keith Ruff.
- Writing Contest Kick-off Event: The group agreed to a date and time for the kick-off event. The event will be Tuesday, October 6th from 4:00 until 6:00 in the South Room of the IMU. A reservation has been made with the IMU and we will need to confirm catering a month before the event.
- Writing Contest Kick-off Speakers: A list of possible speakers was generated by the group including Steve Kuusisto, Doug Baynton, Keith Ruff, Chuck Hauck, Shannon Marsh, Steve Judge, Steven Lovely, and Don Lund. It was generally agreed upon that having 3 or 4 people speak at a maximum was advisable.
- Writing Contest Parameters. The group suggested broad categories for the contest and favors a grand prize of $250.00 for the best overall contribution and two $100.00 prizes for the winners in the additional categories. We will solicit more opinions about an entry fee but feel strongly that those who have financial hardships be able to enter without paying.
- Writing Contest publication. It was suggested that we work with University Relations for publicity. The idea of either exploring publishing an anthology or having the winning entry linked from the UI home page was also explored.
- Writing Contest Deadline. It was decided that the contest deadline would be December 1st. David will explore CDA getting an email address that could be used to gather written submissions.
- Next Meeting. Peter will explore a date for a July meeting to follow-up on these ideas.