- Meeting Dates
- Announcements and Events
- Meeting Minutes
- CDA Mission & Bylaws
- Contact Us
- Hawkeye Access Pride - Recoginition Program
Welcome to Council on Disability Awareness
Meeting Notes - August 6th, 2009
Present: Cinda Coggins Mosher, David Fitzgerald, Peter Gerhard, Scott Gill, Jan Gorman, Mark Harris, John Mikelson, Keith Ruff, Tiffini Stevenson Earl, Priscilla MeKinley
- The Writing Contest will be called “Voices on Disability”
- Writing Contest Categories: It was agreed upon that the Writing Contest would have two categories (prose/poetry) and within each category two age ranges (younger/older than 18).
- Writing contest parameters: 1500 words or less, can be an excerpt from a longer work. Must not be previously published.
- Submission must be electronic and in word.doc format. Written submissions will be reviewed if accompanied by an electronic submission.
- There will be no fee to participants.
- The deadline for submission is 12/1/09.
- Participants will need to consent to have their work published if selected. The most likely form of publishing will be online and linked to the CDA website.
- It was agreed upon that in each of the four categories there would be a first place prize ($150), a second place prize ($75), and a third place prize ($25).
- Mark will follow up with Carly to have an email address that links to the CDA webpage.
- Peter will follow-up with IMU graphics for promotional materials.
- In a different matter the group decided to co-sponsor the Fall Disability Summit with DPAC.