- Meeting Dates
- Announcements and Events
- Meeting Minutes
- CDA Mission & Bylaws
- Contact Us
- Hawkeye Access Pride - Recoginition Program
Welcome to Council on Disability Awareness
Meeting Notes - Nov. 18, 2010
Present: Helen Jameson, Jan Gorman, Keith Ruff, Shelli Meyer, Peter Gerhard, Scott Gill, Kris Smith, Kathy Forbes, John Mikelson, Mark Harris, Teresa Kout
Call to order
Helen Jameson, Co-Chair called meeting to order at 12:00pm.
Introductions were made.
- Poetry Contest
- Carly has sent financial request to CDO.
- Application Deadline for submissions - 3/1/2011.
- Reception 3/24/2011 from 3:30 to 4:30.
- Location To Be Determined – Helen Jameson will reserve.
- Papajohn Business Building (can not accept reservation until 3-months before event)
- Burge Private Dining
- University Capital Center
- Van Oel Room -Currier
- Prizes for 1st place, $50, publishing and certificate, 2nd & 3rd certificate & publishing.
- Judges have accepted and been approved.
- Peter Gerhard is updating Poster to be on: buses, in dorms, misc. artistic areas, IC & CR school districts, senior centers, local newspapers, and the public access show.
- Prepare a handout or business cards to distribute
- Promote Essay Contest
- Decide on something else to handout such as candy
- Volunteers at this time: Carly, Helen, Keith, Shelli.
- Helen and John to draft a new/updated CDA Brochure.
- Helen will send financial proposal to CDO.
- Inquire if Carly has the CDA logo.
- Co-Chairs decided to simply have business cards instead of brochures referring individuals to CDA website
Meeting adjourned at 1:00pm by Helen Jameson, Co-Chair
The next meeting will be a social on Thursday, December 16th at 12pm, Location TBD
Minutes submitted by: Shelli Meyer, Secretary
Approved by: Carly Armour, Co-Chair