- Meeting Dates
- Announcements and Events
- Meeting Minutes
- CDA Mission & Bylaws
- Contact Us
- Hawkeye Access Pride - Recoginition Program
Welcome to Council on Disability Awareness
Meeting Notes - November 19th, 2009
Present: Carly Armour, Peter Gerhard, Shams Ghoneim, Jan Gorman, Mark Harris, Mike Hoenig, Diane Leventry, John Mikelson, Keith Ruff, Laura Schwab-Reese, Tiffini Stevenson Earl
- Diane Leventry from HR discussed their new program related to “On boarding” of new employees and the group offered its assistance.
- The group discussed the lack of accessibility for the new JIF process for individuals with visual impairments and Peter volunteered to draft a letter to Sue Buckley.
- Peter outlined the promotion that has been done for the writing contest and the group agreed to extend the deadline to 12/31/09. There have been a total of 8 submissions to date. Peter will follow up with Steve Parrott about a possible additional publicity. Jan will send the HR reps the revised deadline and Shams will work with the Press-Citizen for additional publicity.
- The group discussed the possible events for January and agreed that a partnership with the Disability Planning and Action Committee would be desirable.
- The group decided to meet again in two weeks to discuss the January event(s).