Spotlight Member of the Month
- What is your role in CDA and how long have you been a member?
- I've been a member for nearly two years and was recently elected to the new role of CDA Public Relations Coordinator.
- Collaborating with fellow CDA committee members and learning about the many enriching programs and services available on campus and throughout southeast Iowa.
- Administrative Coordinator & Assistant to the Chair in the School of Music
- I was diagnosed with Relapsing/Remitting Multiple Sclerosis 2 years ago.
- Bachelor of Arts, Communication Studies, The University of Iowa, 1992
- Associate of Arts, Public Relations, Kirkwood Community College, 1990
- What advice would you give to a colleague on campus who has a (DIS)ability?
- Please know there are many services available on campus and that you’re always welcome to attend our monthly CDA meetings to learn more!
- To begin fostering a relationship with a campus Disability Advisor and to register with Student Disability Services.
- Mia Za’s – They have a healthful selection of food that’s fast, delicious, and affordable!
- Attending Performing Arts events and Iowa Football games!
- I recommend live captioning at sporting events
Get to Know Other Members of the Month!
- Carly Armour, Student Disability Advisor, SDS
- Bob Harding, Utility Systems Specialist, UI Power Plant
- Teresa Kout, Participant Services Coordinator in Study Abroad, UI International Programs
- Kathy Ford, Administrative Coordinator & Assistant to the Chair in the School of Music
- Mike Hoenig, Program Coordinator at the Center for Disabilities and Development
- Brian Manternach, Facilities Accessibility Coordinator, Facilities Management – Building & Landscape Services
- Mark Harris, Director, Student Disability Services
- Keith Ruff, Community Social and Educational Advocate, Access 2 Independence
- Tiffini Stevenson Earl, Compliance Specialist and ADA Coordinator, Office of Equal Opportunity & Diversity
- Peter Gerhard, Academic Advisor, Academic Advising Center
- David Fitzgerald, Retired from Career Pomerantz Center
- Rachel Gatewood, Campus Collaboration Specialist, Center for Diversity & Enrichment
- John Mikelson, Coordinator, Veterans Center
- Jan Gorman, Director, Faculty and Staff Disability Services
Stay tuned for future Members of the Month!