All University of Iowa Hospitals and Clinics web pages listed below include lists of services, how to schedule appointments, physicians directories, and other pertinent useful resources for older Iowans.
- University of Iowa Hospitals and Clinics (UIHC) http://www.uihealthcare.org
- University of Iowa Health Care Directory [a directory of physicians affiliated with University of Iowa Health Care: comprises biographical information, a department index, and a comprehensive listing by clinical expertise.] http://www.uihealthcare.org/Services.aspx
- Patient Scheduling/Referral [includes patient information, where to eat in Iowa City, gift shop]: http://www.uihealthcare.org/otherservices.aspx?id=1692
- UIHC Integrated Call Center Physician Consultation Referral Directory: http://www.uihealthcare.org/otherservices.aspx?id=15228&terms=consultation+referral
- UIHC Department of Family Medicine Resources: http://www.uihealthcare.org/Clinic.aspx?id=3532
- UIHC Department of Internal Medicine: http://www.int-med.uiowa.edu/
- The UIHC Departments of Family Medicine and Internal Medicine also provide clinical services for the older person at the Geriatric Assessment Clinic.
- This link to the UIHC Low Vision and Rehabilitation Clinic has information on macular degeneration, retinitis pigmentosa, and glaucoma among others. http://www.uihealthcare.org/Clinic.aspx?id=15573 Also included is information about optical devices and assessment.
- This link to the UI Holden Comprehensive Cancer Center (HCCC) includes clinical trials, andcancer information service: http://www.uihealthcare.org/HoldenComprehensiveCancerCenter/
- UI College of Dentistry, Special Care Clinic for the frail elderly: www.dentistry.uiowa.edu/public/patients/care/special.htm
- This link to the UIHC Department of Neurology includes Memory Disorders clinic, the Stroke clinic, and other neurology specialties: http://www.uihealthcare.org/Clinic.aspx?id-3600
- UI Heartcare: http://www.uihealthcare.org/heart/
- The UI Clinical Outreach Program provides community based specialty clinics throughout the state of Iowa : http://www.uihealthcare.org/outreach/
The UIHC Department of Social Service provides services to patients, and their families, which enable them to make the best use of health care resources. The Department is dedicated to reducing social, financial, and medical barriers in order to optimize patient and family functioning. http://www.uihealthcare.org/SocialService/