Communication skills are the most important skills in good conflict management. Useful skills include:
- Active Listening: how to listen effectively.
- Pointers for Active Listening: tips on implementing Active Listening.
- Blocks to Listening: common blocks to avoid in good listening.
- Open and Closed Questions: different forms of questions and when to use them.
- I Statements: how to express yourself directly and in a nonthreatening way.
- Feedback: how to give and receive feedback effectively.
- Communication Strategy in Conflict Situations: how to talk with someone in a conflict.
updated December 8, 2010