A number of UI offices provide conflict management training to staff and faculty.
Learning and Development classroom courses that include segments on conflict management are:
- Advanced Management Series
In addition, stand-alone conflict management workshops are offered, and other workshops include sections related to effective conflict management.
- Office of the Provost
Several workshops for faculty include conflict management topics, such as programs for new faculty that discuss advocacy skills.
A number of training programs offered by UIHC include sections related to conflict management, including:
- Clinical Nursing Leadership Development Academy (CNLDA); contact the Nursing Clinical Education Center, email@example.com.
- Training for charge nurses; contact Janet Hosking, Nursing Clinical Education Center, firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Nurse Residency Program; contact Janet Hosking, Nursing Clinical Education Center, email@example.com.
- Ambulatory Care Services Training Academy; contact Terri Terrill if interested in a class on conflict management.
- International Programs, Office of International Students and Scholars
- “Cross Cultural Conflict Prevention and Resolution” in the Building Our Global Community workshop series
Workshops are available by request on a variety of conflict management topics including:
- introduction to conflict
- conflict management styles
- communication skills
- emotional intelligence
- difficult conversations
- abrasive behavior
- emails and conflict management.
updated May 22, 2014