What to Expect
How does the program work?
- A DCN staff member will conduct an initial consultation with you to determine employment needs.
- You will be provided with a resume/curriculum vitae review based on local market preferences.
- When revisions are completed, DCN staff will connect you with local contacts and open positions. The DCN has access to jobs with area employers and within UI.
- DCN has extensive experience in all areas of the job search process and can provide a full range of services tailored to your needs.
- DCN will work with you until you are employed or for up to one year.
- The program is a resource provided to you and is not intended to take the place of your own job search efforts.
What services are provided?
- Resume/curriculum vitae review and rewrite expertise from a Certified Professional Resume Writer.
- Assistance with interviewing techniques, including the opportunity for a mock taped interview.
- Assistance with cover letter writing and salary negotiations.
- Access to job openings at The University of Iowa and in companies within the Corridor area.
- Names and contact information for local hiring decision-makers.
- Career coaching by a Certified Professional Career Coach.
- Information about local companies, including websites and an in-office resource library.
- Social gatherings to meet other University of Iowa newcomers.