What to Expect
How the program works
- A Dual Career Network (DCN) staff member will conduct an initial consultation with you to determine employment needs.
- You will be provided with a resume/curriculum vitae review based on local market preferences.
- When revisions are completed, DCN staff will assist you in connecting to local contacts and open positions. The DCN has access to jobs with area employers and within UI.
- DCN has extensive experience in all areas of the job search process and can provide a full range of services tailored to your needs.
- DCN will work with you until you are employed or for up to one year.
- Career coaching by experienced career consultants
- Resume/curriculum vitae review and rewrite expertise
- Assistance with interviewing techniques, including the opportunity for a recorded mock interview
- Assistance with cover letter writing
- Advice on negotiating salary and benefits
- Access to job openings at The University of Iowa and in companies within the Corridor area
- Information about local companies, including websites and other resources
Please note: The program is a resource provided to you and is not intended to take the place of your own job search efforts.