For Students

For Parents and Teachers


Home > Majors and Math Requirements > Secondary Education - Teaching Licensure

Secondary Education - Teaching Licensure

If you are interested in Secondary Education, you will major in the field in which you plan to teach.  To find out what math you’ll need, click on that major.
For teaching certification even in fields which don’t require specific math courses, you will need one college-level math, statistics, or computer science course.  To be ready for this course, you will need to:

Master the work in first year algebra (22M:1)
Master the work in second year algebra (22M:8)

The course number that is listed links to a description of an equivalent course at the UI with a sample final exam.  Check out the exam to see the types of skills you are expected to have.

If you are interested in more information about this major, click here.