CHARGE TO THE COMMITTEE ON AWARDS AND RECOGNITION
University of Iowa Faculty Senate Bylaws, Article III, Section 3, 6.:
(i) The Committee shall consist of at least seven members, no more than three of whom have appointments in the sciences, with staggered three-year terms. The maximum length of service on the committee shall be two consecutive three-year terms.
(ii) The chair of the Committee shall be one of the members who has already served at least one year of a three-year term.
(i) The Committee has primary responsibility for staffing awards committees in which faculty play a role and for soliciting nominations for these awards, including by:
(1) assisting the Senate officers to select the ad-hoc committee to solicit nominations for its own Brody Awards;
(2) reviewing the Honorary Degree Committee's observance of the Senate's requirements regarding eligibility for award nomination;
(3) assisting the Provost's Office and the Senate officers to select the ad-hoc committee to select recipients of the Regents Awards for Faculty Excellence;
(4) assisting the Provost's Office to review and revise procedures regularly for soliciting nominations for Regents Awards for Faculty Excellence; and
(5) encouraging colleagues to nominate individuals for appropriate awards.
(ii) The Committee shall appoint at least one of its members to each of the Awards committees in which faculty play a role, as listed in (i) above.