CHARGE TO THE COMMITTEE ON ELECTIONS
University of Iowa Faculty Senate Bylaws, Article III, Section 3, 4.:
(i) The Committee shall consist of at least six members with staggered three-year terms. The maximum length of service on the Committee shall be two consecutive three-year terms. The Senate vice president shall be a non-voting ex-officio member of the committee.
(i) The Committee shall present to the first Senate meeting of the spring semester:
(1) a list of faculty members eligible to vote,
(2) a list of Senate positions to be filled, and
(3) a list of persons eligible for each position.
(ii) At the same time, the Committee determines the number of positions to be filled on the Council for each represented College.
(iii) The Committee supervises all elections and decides tie votes by lot.
(iv) Nomination of Officers.
(1) Nominations are to be made from newly-elected, continuing, or departing members of the Senate or from persons who have served at least three years in the Senate at any time.
(2) The Committee solicits suggestions from the members of the Senate for its consideration in preparing the slate of candidates. It seeks short autobiographical sketches from the nominees and distributes copies of these to the members of the Senate before the meeting in April.
(3) Ordinarily, the Committee presents at the regular April meeting of the Senate two nominations for the offices of vice president and secretary of the Senate, and, if the current year's vice president is unable to succeed to the presidency as specified in the constitution, then also for the position of president of the Senate.