University of Iowa Fleet Safety Program
The University of Iowa Fleet Safety Policy can be found in the Operations Manual Part V. Administrative, Financial and Facilities Policies section 19, web site address http://www.uiowa.edu/~our/opmanual/v/19.htm.
Fleet Safety Driving Record Review Standards
The following are standards for staff, faculty and students who drive or may drive a University vehicle. Driving privileges will be denied if the driver’s past three year driving record indicates any of the following:
- Three or more “at fault” accidents, or three or more moving violations, or a combination of three or more accidents and violations; or
- Conviction of reckless driving, conviction of driving with a suspended, denied, revoked, or barred license, conviction of hit and run, or conviction of leaving the scene; or
- License suspension, or license denial, or license revocation, or license bar; or
- Conviction of driving while under the influence of alcohol or drugs, or conviction of vehicular homicide, or conviction of any driving offense punishable as a felony.
For purposes of reviewing driver records for eligibility or corrective action, moving violations shall not include violations for:
- Failure to use safety belts;
- Parking violations;
- Past convictions, suspensions, or revocations related to civil or criminal actions unrelated to driving or vehicle operation; or
- Speeding violations of 10 miles per hour or less over the legal speed limit only in speed zones where the legal speed limit is between 34 miles per hour and 56 miles per hour.
Please familiarize yourself with the Fleet Safety Policy in its entirety. Questions should be directed to the Office of Risk Management, Insurance and Loss Prevention at 335-0010 or email us at email@example.com.