Mary Jo Small Staff Fellowship Award
(Application Deadline: July 1)
The Mary Jo Small Staff Fellowship is an award that University of Iowa staff members may use to help defray costs of regional, national, or international meetings or workshops, training opportunities on and off-campus, and/or work release time to prepare publications.
ELIGIBILITY AND CRITERIA
- All Professional and Scientific and Merit staff members who hold a regular appointment of 50 percent or greater and have been currently employed for two or more consecutive years at the University (with no breaks in employment) by the application deadline, are eligible for the Mary Jo Small Staff Fellowship.
- Selection for the awards will be based upon documentation of recognized contributions which support the University's mission and goals
APPLICATION AND SELECTION PROCESS
- The electronic application is located within Employee Self-Service. Select the "Personal Tab", and select the "Mary Jo Small Application" located under "Learning & Development".
- Complete the application, attach the required documentation, and submit through
workflow to UI Learning & Development no later than July 1st of any given year. (The application deadline is July 1 each year, for assistance needed the following fiscal year - e.g., Apply by July 1, 2010 for a conference occurring between July 1, 2010 - June 30, 2011). Selections will be announced the following August.
- Applications must be on time and properly completed. The application will not be accessible after the July 1st deadline.
- All recipients will be chosen by the selection committee chaired by the Learning & Development Manager and appointed by the Staff Council Committee on Committees. This committee will be composed of Merit and Merit Supervisory Exempt/Confidential, Faculty, and Professional and Scientific representatives including the current Secretary of Staff Council.
- Letters of support (not to exceed three) will greatly impact the selection process. Applicants may request up to $1500 for the award.
Access the Mary Jo Small Staff Fellowship Application in