Course Catalog >> Health and Safety
The Hurried Family: Strategies for Busy Families
Course # 550
The Hurried Family Workshop is designed to help Faculty and
Staff create a better balance between work and home when
trying to respond to the ever increasing demands placed on
the family's time, activities and schedules. How the
overscheduled family can learn ways to slow down, turn off, and tune in will be discussed.
- Overscheduled kids and families.
- Time and it's management.
- Specific strategies to deal with multiple family demands.
Objectives: (At the end of this course participants will be able to)
- Have an increased understanding of the increasing number of pressures families face.
- Have knowledge of the warning signs of overscheduled kids and families.
- Improved knowledge of how to balance the needs of the family with the needs of the individual members of the family.
- Have an increased knowledge of ways to manage multiple demands on time, family and work.
Participants: (audience course is designed for)
This course is suitable for any UI faculty or staff member.