Course Catalog >> Health and Safety
Coping with Your Adolescent:
How to Know When it's Depression or Something Else?
Course # 570
This workshop is designed to help Faculty and Staff identify the differences between normal adolescent development and what may be signs of a mood disorder.
- Adolescent development
- Mood disorders in adolescence
- Specific strategies to better understand and intervene when concerned about his/her adolescent
Objectives: (At the end of this course participants will be able to)
- Have an increased understanding of normal adolescent development.
- Have an increased understanding of mood disorders and how symptoms may be different in an adolescent.
- Participants will learn strategies for understanding his or her adolescent and how to get help should the teen need professional help.
Participants: (audience course is designed to reach)
UI Faculty and Staff