Mental Health and Crisis Intervention
Course # 669
This 3-hour workshop will focus on mental health and crisis intervention. Our time together will include: an overview of general mental health and psychological wellness, “hands on” learning opportunities to gain skills and confidence in dealing with upset or distressed people, and interactive strategies for mental health crisis management and intervention.
Objectives: (At the end of this course participants will be able to)
By the conclusion of this 3-hour session, learners will be able to:
- Articulate general knowledge about mental health and psychological wellness with differentiation between typical mood variance and significant emotional crisis.
- Summarize the steps in the listening and crisis intervention processes.
- Describe key elements of a positive helping relationship.
- Demonstrate greater confidence and competence in dealing with upset, distressed, or disturbed people.
- Cite examples of resources on the UI Campus and in the local community for mental health services, crisis management, and referral.
(audience course is
designed to reach)
UI Faculty and Staff