Effective People Skills
Course # 20
Building a trusting environment is the foundation of effective communication with others. Learn to strengthen your own behavioral awareness, enhance interpersonal communication skills, and acquire tools to increase your assertiveness.
- Five elements of communication: Speaker, Listener, Environment, Clear Language, and Feedback.
- Four attributes for effective listening: Attending and Awareness, Genuineness and Respect, Clarification, and Empathy.
- Guidelines for effective listening/practice.
- Guidelines for giving effective feedback/practice.
- Trust and the implications it has for communicating effectively.
- Examine the five elements of communication.
- Develop awareness for the important role trust plays in our communication with others. Participants will examine their own trust level within their current workgroup.
- Provide guidelines and practice for giving effective feedback.
- Provide guidelines and practice for listening effectively. Discuss strategies for creating an environment that promotes effective communication
Participants (audience course is aimed at):
This course is suitable for any UI employee.