Communicating to Leverage Your Seat at the Table
Course # 342
This course is one of five that comprise the new Intermediate Human Resource Fundamentals Series. Participants will be expected to read two articles in preparation for this course. Concepts related to the articles will be presented in the context of The University of Iowa. Participants will be asked to identify areas for future skill development and engage in intensive role-play during much of the session.
- Advocating for staff
- Becoming a member of the management team to make a difference
- Asserting without aggression
- Coaching the leader
- Identify 1-2 communication strategies to coach leaders to improve their skills in giving and receiving feedback.
- Identify 1-2 goals for improving their position of strategy within their unit with their DEO, Dean, or VP.
- Demonstrate awareness of linking HR functions and goals to strategic business initiatives of their units.
Participants (audience course is aimed at):
Senior HR Leadership Representatives (first priority), HR Unit Representatives. Prerequisite is completion of the HR Fundamentals Series.