Big Picture Thinking: What Managers in University Settings Should Know
Course # 389
"Big Picture Thinking" will focus on assisting participants in using systems and strategic thinking to address current challenges. The focus will be on using these skills to address planned and emergent change, aligning unit efforts with the departmental strategic plan and staying abreast of management trends.
At the conclusion of this workshop, participants will be able to:
- Define “big picture thinking” and explain its strategic value to the individual and organization.
- List the behaviors and attitudes of effective big picture thinkers.
- Demonstrate the process of big picture thinking.
- Identify macro trends affecting internal stakeholders and connecting their university department or unit.
- Develop a prioritized big picture plan for their university department or unit.