Diversity and Inclusion for Managers and Supervisors
Course # 4
A lively discussion based workshop that will enhance and build skills for managers to support UIHR diversity and inclusion position expectations. Using an approach that emphasizes interactive activities that include mini-lectures, case studies, role-plays and group discussions, participants will develop a systematic method for maximizing the diversity of persons, personalities, talents and skills of employees in their departments.
- Identifying the complexity of diversity in the workplace.
- Essential skills to create a respectful, safe and productive workplace.
- Effective management techniques that leverage diversity as an asset to a high performance work unit.
- Understand and recognize differences between prejudice, discrimination, stereotyping and other forms of bias in the workplace.
- Understand and discuss the effect that diversity has on productivity and performance in the workplace.
- Model inclusive language and behavior that encourages an inclusive workplace.
- Practice a proactive structured approach to resolving workplace diversity related conflicts.
Participants (audience course is aimed at):
Supervisors, managers, and team leaders.