Disabilities in the Workplace
Course # 454
One in four people have a disability and HR Reps and Supervisors have responsibilities to support University employees and applicants when disability is present. Gain knowledge of situations that require leadership action, what can be said or asked of employees with disabilities/health conditions, what expectations leaders can have of employees with disabilities and what support is available to employees with disabilities and their leaders.
- Discussion of the wide range of conditions that are considered disabilities.
- University policy and best practice strategies when an individual has a health condition/disability.
- Discussion of strategies you can implement when the leader or employee believes job performance and/or attendance are impacted by a disability.
- Discussion of the interactive accommodation process and a leader’s role.
- Be able to identify when a health condition is known to an employer
- Be able to have conversations with employees about their needs
- Be able to address simple accommodation needs
- Know when to seek resources
Participants (audience course is designed for):
HR Reps and Supervisors