Understanding Social Security
Course # 525
Think about it - if you could create the ideal retirement plan, what would it look like? Would it provide you
with guaranteed income for the rest of your life? Would it adjust that income for inflation? Would it involve no
investment risk on your part?
Social Security does all this and more. You'll leave with an understanding of how your benefits are calculated, and how much you can expect to receive. Topics discussed and questions answered:
- If You Could Create the Perfect Retirement Plan
- How Important Is Social Security?
- Who Receives Benefits?
- How Are Your Benefits Calculated?
- Reading Your Social Security Statement
- What Other Benefits Does Social Security Provide?
- When Should You Begin Taking Social Security Benefits?
Participants (audience course is designed for):
This course is suitable for any UI employee.