Downside Protection During Bear Markets
Course # 687
When markets head down in the wrong direction, losing 20% of your portfolio’s value means a person needs to earn back 25% just to break even. If time is not on your side, utilizing tactical allocation strategies may help protect the downside during extended bear markets.
- Effect of 2008 market crash
- How industries ebb and flow
- Active versus passive management styles
Objectives (At the end of this course participants will be able to):
- Differentiate between active and passive management.
- Define economic sectors.
- Specify between correlated and non-correlated assets.
- Apply tactical strategies.
Participants (audience course is designed for):
Individuals invested in variably priced assets that change on a frequent basis, i.e. stocks, bonds, and mutual funds. Persons interested in how to protect themselves in periods of contracting markets.