Course # 164
This course will cover the policies at The University of Iowa, such as: when benefits start and end, how to evaluate the various benefit options so individuals make the appropriate choices, and when changes can be made to a person's selection.
- Health, Dental, Life, Supplemental Life, Dependent Life, LTD, Spending Accounts, Catastrophic Leave Program, Worker's Compensation.
- Options offered to Faculty/P&S, Merit Exempt, Merit and Grad Students.
Objectives (At the end of this course participants will be able to):
- Be aware of when benefits start and end for different employee classifications.
- Gain understanding about benefit options available for staff.
- Discuss benefits issues involved with position changes.
Participants (audience course is aimed at):
Human Resources Fundamentals participants.