Finance & Operations Roadmap to Success
Course # 325
This course will set the tone for the UI Business Processes Series by providing a global perspective of how business works at The University of Iowa. Gain awareness of our changing business and operations environment through exposure to the governing and guiding principles of the UI Strategic Plan, UI Business & Fiduciary Conduct and relevant Operations Manual policies. How do these principles and policies ensure that we are protecting, preserving and enhancing our resources so that we are achieving the missions of the University of Iowa and what makes it a leader in higher education, research and public service? How do these principles affect our roles & responsibilities as UI leaders, managers and employees? How do ethics standards & internal controls fit in? Finally, the course will cover practical information on resources and frequently asked questions.
- Strategic Plan UI F&O Policies (Operations Manual)
- UI Business & Fiduciary Conduct
- Internal Controls
- Ethics Standards
Objectives: (At the end of this course participants will be able to answer the following questions or understand the following topics):
- What is the University of Iowa Strategic Plan?
- What are the UI policies (Operations Manual) and how does this affect our roles & responsibilities?
- What types of internal controls do we have and why are internal controls necessary?
- What are the UI’s ethics standards and what are our responsibilities?
- What are the major business processes at the UI Finance & Operations?
Participants (audience course is designed for):
Managers enrolled in the UI Business Processes Series (as core course). When offered as a makeup, BPS participants and anyone else who is interested in learning this information.