Jobs @ UIowa
Course # 333
Learn about the recent electronic employment application (Jobs@UIOWA) and search application (Hire@UIOWA) that incorporates all aspects of filling a P&S vacancy from requisition, through the search, to the point of hire, including complete interaction with Office of Equal Opportunity and Diversity search processes. This new process significantly impacts how applicants apply for P&S positions at The University of Iowa and how search committees manage the search process.
- Jobs@UIOWA website
- Hire@UIOWA application for P&S positions
- Search Forms and Reports for P&S positions
- Assisting applicants with disabilities to use the electronic application system
Objectives: (At the end of this course participants will be able to):
- Advertise a P&S position on the Jobs@UIOWA website.
- Answer basic questions from applicants on how to use the electronic application system.
- Prepare search forms to request to interview and hire applicants.
- Utilize reports to assess success of recruitment resources used.
- Know where to refer applicants with disabilities who need assistance to apply for a P&S position.
Participants (audience course is designed for):
- Search Committee chairs and administrators (P&S positions)
- Search form initiators (P&S positions)