Getting Things Done® Essentials
Course # 436
When it comes to the work you do, who’s in charge—you or your work? It can certainly be easy to get overwhelmed! Wouldn’t it be great if you could just be in command of the numerous responsibilities you have to manage every day, both personally and at work? This lively program will provide you with proven and practical information that you can immediately begin implementing in your life. GTD® Essentials provides you with a logical, step-by-step approach to help you increase your productivity—at home and at work.
Quote from a GTD participant:
GTD has helped out enormously in my organization techniques. The greatest benefit of this system has allowed me to successfully incorporate the duties of two positions in our department with my previous duties, without causing me a lot of undue stress. I am immensely grateful for that.
I am able to prioritize my new duties, delegate actions to support staff and maintain a manageable e-mail inbox, thanks in part to the skills I learned in the GTD seminar. I recommend it to my colleagues in my department as well as acquaintances in the UIHC. - Frank Olalde
- Learning the simple, step-by-step method (GTD) for effectively handling the "things" in your life - both at home and at work.
- Applying the GTD approach to work with any system you currently use - paper-based or electronic.
- Getting tasks and responsibilities out of your head and into a working system so you can make trusted decisions about what to do and what not to do.
- Learn how you can get and keep your in-box, email and voicemail at zero.
- Achieve greater time, focus and energy for activities that require you to be more creative, strategic and productive.
- Discover how regular review can help you stay current and gain perspective on your commitments.
- Learn how to organize the information you need in an efficient way, in the right categories, determined by how and when you need access.
- Identify procedures for collecting everything you need in a trusted, logical system.
Participants (audience course is designed for):
This program is intended for anyone who wants to: reduce their stress; increase their productivity; get and keep their in-box, email and voicemail to zero; or gain more time and energy while managing multiple responsibilities with more success.
Only UI employees are eligible to participate.