Course Catalog >> Workplace Effectiveness
Accents in the Workplace and Education: Communication
Course # 463
(AWE Series Course)
This course in the series will focus on encouraging effective communication between English speakers and English learners and advancing UI community members' language skills needed for functioning in the global workplace and academic setting.
- International English
- Expectations for physical and verbal communication
- Negotiating communication
- Communicative intent
- Utilize some techniques for understanding a variety of accents and communicating with speakers of different proficiencies using English.
- Understand why awareness of International English is important, as well as define and use International English.
- Recognize that there are different expectations for verbal and physical communication, and many possibilities for communicative intent.
- Understand when, why, and how to negotiate communication with speakers of other languages.
Participants (audience course is aimed at):
General customer service providers (front-line staff, advisors), those in the academic environment (faculty, TA's, and students), managers (DEO's, supervisors).