Course Catalog >> Workplace Effectiveness
Accents in the Workplace and Education:
Practical Applications of AWE Training in Your Academic or Work Environment
Course # 465
(AWE Series Course)
In this final course of the AWE series, participants can reinforce and practice the skills taught in the two previous classes. Our focus will be on developing FAQ's or tips for best practices in engagement with English Language Learners in specific UI units, and a list of ways to encourage the specific skill sets needed for improved interactions with speakers of other languages more widely throughout the University community.
- Intercultural experiences
- Best practices
- Practical applications of training
- Effective intercultural communications
- Global language skills
- Foreign language anxiety
- Cultural patterns and perceptions
- Turn ideas discussed into practice in their academic or work environment.
- Develop and communicate plans of action for effective co-cultural communication in their area.
- Create and manage a respectful workplace through the evaluation and revision of plans and goals for civil interactions.
- Help others deal effectively with the need to compromise, as well as understand and manage limitations in individuals' abilities to adapt.
Participants: (audience course is designed for):
General customer service providers (front-line staff, advisors), those in the academic environment (faculty, TA's, and students), managers (DEO's, supervisors).