Introduction to Facebook Tutorial Part 1
Course # 605
Welcome to Facebook nation. Facebook is the largest social networking website with more than 800 million active users, which means its user population is larger than most countries. It is intended to connect friends, family, and business associates. Facebook can be used for many everyday business practices, including but not limited to: recruiting, advertising, informing, and collaborating with others.
This is the first of two Facebook sessions and it is intended for individuals who have very limited to no experience using Facebook. During this session, individuals will learn how to create a Facebook profile, manage and edit account settings, upload photos, and add people to their Facebook social network.
The second Introductory Facebook Tutorial session, Introduction to Facebook Tutorial Part 2, is a continuation of Part 1, and will focus on setting up a Facebook page. Participants do not need to take Part 1 in order to enroll in Part 2, but participants must have a Facebook account and be able to perform the following objectives.
Participants will create a Facebook account, manage and edit Facebook account settings, upload photos, and add people to their Facebook social network.
Upon successful completion of this course, students will be able to:
- Understand basic Facebook language
- Create and customize a Facebook profile, privacy settings, sharing options, and notification settings
- Manage and edit a Facebook Wall (timeline)
- Creating status updates (links, comments, videos, places)
- Uploading photos
- Interact with others on Facebook
- Add people to their Facebook social network (friending)
- Commenting on other’s status updates and posts
- Direct messaging
- Instant messaging (chat and video chat)
- Navigate other Facebook features
- News Feed
Participants: (audience course is designed to reach)
This session is intended for individuals who have very limited to no previous experience using Facebook.
Only UI employees are eligible to participate.