You’re Hired! Now What?:
Onboarding to Create a Successful Working Relationship
Course # WISK3
When a new employee joins your team, it is an opportunity to develop an environment that promotes engagement, health and wellness. This course will discuss the impact of on-boarding as it relates to individual and team culture. Interactive discussions will include: the significance of discussing individual and departmental expectations, the impact of goal setting and on-going feedback, and the value of reward and recognition programs. Participants will be encouraged to identify practices currently utilized and will have an opportunity to gather new creative thoughts in setting a collaborative path toward success.
Objectives: (At the end of this course participants will be able to)
- Contrast on-boarding v. orientation
- Develop an understanding of how effective on-boarding impacts individual collaboration and organizational culture
- Engage the employee by aligning work with organizational objectives
- Identify collaborative performance goals and feedback opportunities to achieve sustained employee productivity
- Create a supportive environment to promote health and wellness
- Outline an ongoing development plan with the employee to enhance position performance and professional growth
Participants: (audience course is designed to reach)
This course is the third of four required courses in the WISK Series.
This session will appeal to a variety of people in various positions across the university – staff or administrators – who want to have a greater understanding of why dynamic management practices lead to an effective workplace.