Learning & Development ICON Online Courses
Frequently Asked Questions
- How do I enroll in a My Training (ICON) online course?
- How do I locate the contents of the course?
- After selecting content in my ICON course, I still cannot view the contents. What do I do?
- I need to return to my registered ICON course. How do I do that?
- My course has a quiz. How do I take it?
- How do I know that I have passed the quiz?
- How do I know that I have successfully completed the course?
- I have completed my course. Where is it located in My Training?
- I completed the ICON course but it is not showing up as complete in My Training. Why?
In the upper left hand corner there is a narrow horizontal bar under the ICON logo. Choose “Content” to open the content for the course. Depending upon how the course is created, either all of the content will be displayed or just the initial units you have completed will display. In some courses you will need to successfully complete a unit before the next portion of the course will appear. Regardless of how content is displayed, select the first link at the top of the content listed to start the course.
If you have registered for the course, logged into the course, and selected the content link, and you still cannot see any content, you may need to download software to enable your browser. To check if you have the correct browser software, select the Check Software link in the content area of the course. If you need to install the Flash Player software, directions will be displayed, or download by selecting the following link: http://www.adobe.com/products/flashplayer/ - Choose “Download now”.
Before you agree to download the player, uncheck the Free Google Toolbar box. This isn’t needed for Flash Player and may clutter your browser screen. Follow the directions.
- Log into the Employee Self Service web site using your HawkID and password.
- Select the Personal tab, and locate the My Training link listed under Learning & Development.
- Scroll down to the ICON Courses Currently Enrolled In section.
- Select the course, this will take you directly to the course within ICON.
To reach the quiz, you will be prompted from content to select the right arrow in the upper right hand corner of the screen, or return to the Table of Contents. To begin, select “Start Quiz!” After taking a quiz you may need to choose a content link on the left side of the screen to continue through the course. This is the same way you started content for the course.
You can check your score by selecting Grades located on the right end of the narrow horizontal bar near the top of the page. Once you select the Grades link, the quiz(s) for the course will be displayed and percentages/scores displayed for each assessment.
Once you have successfully completed a course, Employee Self Service will update your course status in My Training by moving the course from the Enrolled section to the Completed section of the screen. Normally, your complete status will be reflected within 24 to 48 hours.
- Log into the Employee Self Service using your HawkID and password
- Select the Personal tab, then the My Training link listed under Learning & Development.
- Scroll down the page and the completed ICON course should be listed under the Completed ICON Courses.
For the majority of courses you need to score 80% or better on any quiz or assessment to successfully complete the course. If you are unsure about your percentage, log into the course and select Grades (located in ICON on the right end of the horizontal bar near the top of the page).