Are you new to the University community, or has it been awhile since you
were oriented to the University and its many services for staff and faculty?
It is important for you to:
- understand your rights and responsibilities as a member of the University community; and
- get to know what is available to support your personal and professional development, and
- learn about the dozens of opportunities in the Iowa City area to enjoy life!
We have listed some of the ways to inform you:
- Attend a half-day orientation—All staff and faculty receive an invitation, by campus mail, to a monthly UI orientation scheduled closest to their first day of employment.
For UI Faculty & Staff
For UI Health Care Faculty & Staff
Are you new to supervising at
The Onboarding.UI Groupshare site provides information about your supervisory role in supporting new staff members. Login with your HawkId and password and select New Supervisor Resource Packet listed under Supervisor Documents for Onboarding.
All UI Employees
Visit Onboarding.UI for a guide facilitating your transition to working at The University of Iowa.
- Review the Welcome to the University of Iowa flash presentation - an introduction to programs, policies and practices that support our community.
If you are unable to view the presentation you will need to install a Flash plug-in for your browser. The plug-in can be found at: http://www.adobe.com/products/flashplayer/
If you do not have the rights to install software on your computer, please contact your administrator. If you experience any other technical difficulties please contact: Bruce Drummond.
Updated January 2013