Performance Review Period
- The annual Performance Review Period for all staff is April 1st through March 31st.
Employment dates that trigger a review:
- All staff employed at the University and in the same position on January 1st and the following March 31st must have a review recorded by March 31st of the same year.
- For UI Health Care compliance, employees are required to have a performance review if they are employed in the same position on December 31 and the following February 28/29.
- A Performance appraisal will be completed for each position; staff members will receive multiple reviews if they are in multiple jobs.
Time frame for review to occur:
- All UI reviews must be completed between April 1 and the following March 31 to be in compliance with having an annual performance review. This time frame will also allow for performance descriptors to be utilized with Professional & Scientific non-bargaining unit staff during the budget process.
- UI Health Care reviews must be completed between November 1 and the following February 28/29 to be considered compliant. Any reviews conducted between March 1 and October 31 of each year will not satisfy this requirement.
Overall Performance Descriptor use:
- Professional & Scientific – required
- Merit – optional
- SEIU – optional
- UI requires reviews for all regular P&S/SEIU/Merit staff who are active, on paid leave, or on unpaid leave. Staff on leave who are not available to have a review may be marked as such in the review application. Employees on complimentary appointments and Howard Hughes Medical Institute (HHMI) employees are excluded.
Updated January 2013