Employee Self Service | UI Search A-Z

Annual Open Enrollment


You are able to complete your enrollment online, if you so choose.  In order to make changes in your benefits, you must notify the University Benefits office. We will open an online enrollment for you or send you the paper form you need for the change/s you desire to make. 

You only need to contact University Benefits if you desire to make a change to your benefits.

If you want to make benefits changes for 2014, and would like to be able to complete your enrollment quickly and simply online, please e-mail the Benefits Office from your university e-mail account that you would like an annual online enrollment event opened (Please include your employee ID or University ID in any emails or phone messages).  University Benefits will open an online enrollment within one business day and you can complete your enrollment on employee self service at any time prior to midnight November 18th, 2013.

If you do not want to enroll online, you can request a paper personal enrollment form (this must be done from your University e-mail account - please include your employee ID or University ID in any emails).

You can also contact the Benefits Office by phone to request an online event be opened or forms be sent through campus mail (Please have your employee ID or University ID number available for the conversation or message.)

Online enrollment requires you to know your Hawk ID and password.  If you do not know your Hawk ID, you can find it at: https://login.uiowa.edu/uip/hawkid-lookup.page.  If you don’t have a password, you may request one by calling ITS at 319-384-4357, or 319-384-0800.  Those supported by Health Care Information Systems should call 319-356-0001.