HOUSE STAFF BENEFITS
OVERVIEW AND BENEFITS ENROLLMENT
The Benefits Office encourages all new house staff to complete enrollment within 30 days of the contract start date. Enrolling is a simple, two-step process:
1. Review your benefits information (Choose the PDF booklet or review the individual benefit web pages).
2. Use the Employee Self-Service website to complete or review your benefits enrollment.
3. Annual Open Enrollment closed November 16.
4. Benefit change request due to a family status change
(Follow directions for Faculty, Professional and Scientific, and Select Merit Staff)
Health and Dental Insurance
TERMS OF COVERAGE
UI Classic Health Insurance
UI Choice Health Insurance
|Classic House Staff Insurance Booklet||Choice House Staff Insurance Booklet|
|Classic Coverage Manual||Choice Coverage Manual|
|Classic Prescription Benefit Guide||Usage Guide|
|Classic Insurance Rates||Choice Insurance Rates|
|Dental Insurance||Dental Insurance|
|Classic Delta Dental||Delta Dental II|
|Student Dental Clinics Incentive|
|Dental Insurance Rates||Dental Insurance Rates|
Additional Insurance Information
TERMS OF COVERAGE
* Dual University of Iowa employed spouses/partners and any children may not double insure each other or dependents under the plans where the University contributes towards the cost of the plans. This includes the health, dental, and AD&D insurance policies - an individual may only be included once under these policies.
* Double Spouse Credit for health and dental insurance is available if the dual-employed couple are eligible for the UIChoice health insurance plan.
TYPES OF ADDITIONAL INSURANCE
|Group Life Insurance|
|Supplemental Life Insurance|
|Spouse/Domestic Partner and/or dependent life insurance|
|Accidental death and dismemberment insurance|
|Long Term Disability|
|Liability and Malpractice Coverage|
|Iowa Public Employees Retirement System (IPERS) - Fellow Associates only|
|Voluntary Retirement Savings Program - open to all House Staff who receive earned compensation reportable on IRS Form W2 and subject to federal and state withholding.|
|Spending Accounts - health and dependent care|
|EAP Program SBC|
|COBRA (Departing House Staff Only)|
|Travel Assistance Programs - Domestic Travel and Personal International Travel|
For information on purchasing insurance after employment ends or during unpaid leave of absence: Consolidated Omnibus Budget Reconciliation Act (COBRA)
Federal law requires the University to broadly disseminate certain policies to faculty, staff, and students on an annual basis. The University of Iowa Benefits Office is committed to being environmentally friendly whenever possible while still accomplishing our objectives, so we have moved these notices online. Annual Notices