SAVING EXTRA FOR RETIREMENT
Voluntary Retirement Savings Program (VRSP) - Sign up
One key step you can take to improve your financial future is saving for your retirement. This page will walk you through enrolling in the Voluntary Retirement Savings Program (VRSP) with (A.) TIAA-CREF, or (B.) another of the approved VRSP companies.
A. TIAA-CREF Sign up
1. Go to TIAA-CREF Web page:
2. Select "Enroll Now" on the page. (Select this even if you have previously set up an online account with TIAA-CREF)
3. Enter your password or create one, and simply follow the directions on screen.
4. IMPORTANT - you are not quite done! Once you set up your VRSP on the TIAA-CREF website, you still must let us know it is OK to fund it by filling out a Salary Reduction Agreement.
You can do this simply and immediately online on the Employee Self Service site, or you can do it with a paper form. Click on Voluntary Retirement Savings Program under "Benefits."
If you choose the paper form, you may go directly to the form at http://www.uiowa.edu/hr/benefits/forms/sracontr.pdf . Complete the Salary Reduction form and return it to the Benefits Office:
- through campus mail (120-40 USB),
- by U.S. mail (120 University Services Building, Suite 40, Iowa City, IA, 522421911),
- by FAX to (319) 3352776, by email to firstname.lastname@example.org (PDF is our preferred format for electronic submissions - please try to keep the file size below 2MB),
- you can even drop it off in person.
B. Sign up with Approved Company other than TIAA-CREF
To sign up with another approved VRSP company, do the following:
1. Open an account with an approved company. Approved companies:
2. Complete and submit a Salary Reduction Agreement as outlined in step four (4) above.