Business Meeting Highlights
May 5, 2002; 4090 Westown Pkwy;
Members Present: Drs. Georgia Johnson, Deena Kuempel, Truman
Johnson, Gary Amerman, Guy Bilek, Mark Bell, Kent Gragg, John Morgan,
- Periodontists need to get involved with organized dentistry in
leadership roles and committee involvement better known as.EFFECTIVE
ADVOCACY! Deena was recently appointed to the State Board
of Dental Examiners. Congratulations
- Enhance communication horizontally and vertically
- Volunteer! Get involved!
- Vice President Truman Johnson will be supported by the ISP to
attend 2002 meeting with President Kuempel
2. Executive Secretary position remains unfilled ($1000/year).
- For the 24th Annual Midlands Periodontal Conference(MPC), the
Executive Secretary salary will be divided between Drs. Kuempel
and Bilek since they will be contributing the majority of the energy
to make the MPC a success
- Anyone know of anyone that would like to serve as ISP executive
3. 24th MPC; John Rapley (details click Programs
4. Retired members honored: Drs. Hawkins, Rubright, Grisby, Nash,
5. New technologies for periodontal therapy. Members discussed Laser
treatment for pocket sterilization and topical prostaglandin therapy.
The ISP reserves official comments until controlled clinical trials
have been published.
6. Guy Bilek will serve as Treasurer. Glenn Maze volunteered to serve
as Secretary for the next 2 year term. George Robeson was nominated
for upcoming Vice-President. Deena Kuempel will preside one six more
months as president. Truman Johnson Vice President will assume the
Presidency in January 2003.
Fall Funfest: August 25, 2002:
The Iowa Society of Periodontology members and guests are
invited to participate in golfing, antique-ing, village
browsing and/or dining at the Amana Colonies. NOTE THIS
IS NOT LABOR DAY WEEKEND! Look for a mailing in June. The
organized activity is on the links. Golfers meet at the