In January 2005, the University
of Iowa School of Journalism
and Mass Communication moved into its new home in the Adler Building just north of the
The building was named in memory of Philip D. Adler
(B.A. 1926) after his family gave the J-MC School a major gift. Adler was publisher of the
Quad-City Times (of Davenport) and a longtime supporter of the
UI until his death in 1994.
The Adler Building is also
home to The Daily Iowan, the
UI's award-winning student-run newspaper, and the Department
of Cinema and Comparative
Visit a timeline of journalism
and mass communication
history at the UI.
Read alumni news.
Philip D. Adler Journalism and Mass Communication Building. Photo: Tom Langdon, UI Foundation
J-MC School links: