Temporary Exhibits

Cabinet of Curiosities

Cabinet of Curiosities

The Museum of Natural History was established in 1858 as the “Cabinet of Natural History”. It was originally located in the Old Capitol building and was created so more specimens could be collected to support teaching endeavors in the natural sciences.  The “Cabinet of Curiosities” celebrates 150 years of discovery at the Museum of Natural History and to pay tribute to the numerous collectors that have been affiliated with the Museum since its beginning. This exhibit shows a variety of historic specimens from the Museum’s collection, many of which have not been on display for years. 

"));