PART VI. SERVICES CHAPTER 26: DUAL CAREER NETWORK
(10/94; 3/00; 9/03)
a. The University of Iowa recognizes the issue of, and is responsive to the needs of, dual career couples. The Dual Career Network is a service of The University of Iowa designed to assist faculty and staff spouses/partners in seeking and securing employment. The eligibility guidelines are:
(1) You must be the spouse/partner of a newly hired permanent faculty or staff member, or
(2) You must be part of a recruitment effort; and
(3) You must have lived in the area for less than two years.
b. The program provides services for up to one year or until you secure employment. The following services are available to those who qualify:
(1) Professional job search assistance and career guidance for up to one year.
(2) Resume writing assistance.
(3) Advice on interviewing techniques.
(4) Up-to-date resource information about local businesses.
(5) Assistance with writing cover letters.
(6) Access to job openings with local employers.
(7) Letters of support written for University of Iowa positions.
(8) Career counseling and guidance.
(9) Introduction to local groups to assist in networking attempts.
(10) Current information about local hiring market and demographics.
(11) Social gatherings to meet other new people.
c. For those who do not meet the program requirements listed above, a limited-service appointment is offered. This is a one-time meeting in which a resume critique, job leads, and community contacts are provided.