In conclusion, if the two-part aspiration were reached, a number of benefits would result.
2. The University would be better able to compete for faculty and staff with top universities.
3. The University community would be much more diverse than is currently the case.
4. The proportion of top Iowa students who attend The University of Iowa would be significantly higher.
5. The proportion of departments that reach national distinction, based on reputational and objective measures, would be significantly greater.
6. The position of the University libraries among peers would be significantly higher than it is at present.
7. The University's impact on the economic development of the state would grow significantly.
Return to Strategic Plan Table of Contents
Return to The University of Iowa Home Page