- War Protests Around the World - March 14-15, 2003
- a collection of photographs of protest demonstrations
- Baghdad Snapshot Action
- "Since February 2003, People have postered snapshots from Baghdad on street
corners, in offices, and at schools around the world. Quiet and casual,
the snapshots show a part of Baghdad we rarely see: the part with people
- Baring Witness
- Beginning with 45 women in Marin County, California, this movement form
words and symbols of peace with their naked bodies. " By risking
with our nakedness - our charm and beauty and vulnerability - in service
of peace we are exposing the flesh all humans share. We are casting off the
old dominant paradigm of aggression and restoring the power of the feminine
to its rightful place as the protector of life."
- CodePink: Women's Pre-Emptive Strike for Peace
- "We love our country, but we will never wrap ourselves in red, white and
blue. Instead, we announce a Code Pink alert: signifying extreme danger to
all the values of nurturing, caring, and compassion that women and loving
men have held"
- Konscious: Visualize: Actualize
- "Konscious is dedicated to showing socially aware film/video, music and
arts programming. Our non-profit website is a tool to amplify the voices
of independent filmmakers and to link viewers to opportunities for activism
and social change."
- Mark Fiore
- Flash cartoonist's gallery of satirical pieces about the US-Iraq war.
- National Network to End the War Against Iraq
- Photo galleries by about a dozen different people either documenting peace
demonstrations or the human face of Iraq
- Stage Management of the Toppling of Saddam's Statue
- Photos that put the whole affair into perspective.
- Stop the War Coalition (British) Gallery
- Actually a collection of galleries of photos from a number of protests.
- Warsajoke - Anti-War Humor
- Scroll to bottom of page for several collections of cartoons. Gallery
1 - Gallery
2 - Gallery
3 - Gallery
4 - Gallery
5 - Gallery
6 - Gallery
7 - Gallery
8 - Gallery
9 - Gallery
- Women in Black
- "Women in Black is an international peace network. Women in Black is not
an organization, but a means of mobilization and a formula for action. Women
in Black vigils were started in Israel in 1988 by women protesting against
Israel’s Occupation of the West Bank and Gaza. Women in Black has developed
in countries such as Italy, Spain, Germany, England, Azerbaijan, Colombia,
and in FR Yugoslavia, where women in Belgrade have stood in weekly vigils
since 1991 to protest war and the Serbian regime’s policies of nationalist
News Photos - Anti-War Protests
- Current photos - updated daily.
- From Dissent to Resistance - 17 March to 12 April, 2003
- Active Resistance to the Roots of War (ARROW) - British. Also, follow links
to other pictures.
- Centre Media Independant Suisse Romande
- Photos from May 29, 2003 demonstration in Lausanne
- "Die-In" in Cardiff
on the 17th of March, 2003
- This material preserved for historical research purposes, and does not imply and endoresement or denial of these poilitical views on the part of the University of Iowa