We are passionate about hearing conservation
Hearing conservation is the auditory equivalent of brushing to protect your teeth or putting on sunscreen to protect your skin. Taking steps to protect your hearing today will help guard against hearing loss in the future. Either by wearing ear protection in loud environments or limiting the amount of time you spend in the presence of excessive sound, hearing conservation is a daily health routine that should be practiced regularly.
Here you'll find great information and resources to help you protect your hearing as well as the hearing of those around you.
- Are you at risk?
- Many people are exposed to dangerous noise and don't know it.
- How loud is too loud?
- Get a sense of how your activities might be affecting your hearing.
- Hearing Protection Devices
- Earplugs and earmuffs for all occasions.
- UISAFE Blog
- See what we've been up to.
- Wendell Johnson Speech and Hearing Clinic
- The WJSHC provides speech and hearing health services to the public.