Student Video Productions Program Submission Form
NOTE: Your program will not be evaluated for broadcast until this form is submitted. If this form arrives AFTER the deadline, the program is considered late and it will not air that week.
- Please drop off a DV videocassettes or hard drive to the Manager of Student Video Productions, or submit these directly to UITV at 23 Lindquist Center.
- Programs should be on a hard drive in the Final Cut movie uncompressed format with muxed audio.
- Or, DV tapes can be submitted. They should be "clean" (No other programs or footage on the cassette) (Submitted program will be at the head of the tape).
- All submissions for the 8:00 PM Sunday program block must arrive at UITV before 12:00 Noon on Wednesday, and this form must arrive before the video.
- This form is only for members of The University of Iowa, Student Video Productions student organization. If you or your group wishes to submit videos to UITV and you are not part of SVP, please contact UITV directly.
- Submission of this form and a videocassette will not guarantee broadcast on UITV. Videos are still subject to content review.
- Submitting false information on this form will disqualify your program and may lead to an ban on submissions in the future.
Self Rating GuideGeneral Audience (TV-G)
Most parents would find this program suitable for all ages. Although this rating does not signify a program designed specifically for children, most parents may let younger children watch this program unattended. It contains little or no violence, no strong language and little or no sexual dialogue or situations.Parental Guidance Suggested (TV-PG)
This program contains material that parents may find unsuitable for younger children. Many parents may want to watch it with their younger children. The theme itself may call for parental guidance and/or the program contains one or more of the following: moderate violence (V), some sexual situations (S), infrequent coarse language (L), or some suggestive dialogue (D).Parents Strongly Cautioned (TV-14)
This program contains some material that many parents would find unsuitable for children under 14 years of age. Parents are strongly urged to exercise greater care in monitoring this program and are cautioned against letting children under the age of 14 watch unattended. This program contains one or more of the following: intense violence (V), intense sexual situations (S), strong coarse language (L), or intensely suggestive dialogue (D).Mature Audience Only (TV-MA)
This program is specifically designed to be viewed by adults and therefore may be unsuitable for children under 17. This program contains one or more of the following: graphic violence (V), explicit sexual activity (S), or crude indecent language (L).