UITV - News Programs
Were always looking for new programs to broadcast on UITV. Being an institutional resource, UITV should reflect the variety of activities that define the University. Below are examples of the types of programs that have been broadcast on UITV.
- lectures, colloquiums, panel discussions
- course and training support
- college and departmental presentations on current topics
- campus life
- student films
- sporting events
- performing arts events
- special events
- meetings of campus groups
- informational programs for campus groups or general audience
We encourage program series from colleges and other units that are scheduled at regular monthly or weekly time slots. We typically broadcast programs several times if there are no permission issues and if the content continues to be valid.
Students should contact Student Video Productions about airing their productions through an SVP series.
What can we broadcast?
Potential programs should have a connection with The University of Iowa and be sponsored by a college, department, unit, or other recognized University organization. Programs should meet the standards outlined in our policies.
We request that participants in a program sign a release for recording and subsequent broadcast. Download (as a PDF) our model talent release form.
How do I request air time on UITV?
Call us at 319.335-6375 or send email to email@example.com. Some questions you should be prepared to answer:
- What University organization is sponsoring the program?
- If this is a live event, where and when will it occur?
- Do you have staff who can assist in live event production?
- For tape delay programs, are there date constraints as to when it should air?
- How can you help advertise the broadcast?
You should also review UITV policies and be prepared to identify potential policy conflicts with your program.